Who can be Referred?
Any family with at least one child 0-5 years, located in or around Dartford, Gravesend or Swanley experiencing stress for a variety of reasons such as:
- New to area
- Child with special needs
- Postnatal depression
- Self-esteem Issues
- Relationship difficulties
- Multiple birth or several pre-school children
- Bereavement within the family
- Lack of extended family
- Language barrier
- Domestic abuse
- Ill Health – emotional or physical
- Very young parents
- Lone parent
- Child’s behavioural problems
- A need for parenting guidance
- Role change adjustment
How are referrals made?
With the parents’ knowledge & permission, we accept referrals from any agency via telephone, email or the forms below. We also accept self-referrals.
Are you a professional wanting to refer a family?
If you are a health visitor, doctor, social worker or any other professional working with families and you feel someone would benefit from our service, you can make a referral on their behalf, with their consent.
Please phone us on 01322 225100 to discuss the family situation and if a referral is thought to be suitable either a form can be downloaded as a PDF (print and fill in) or MS Word (Edit using MS Word) formats by clicking on one of the buttons below, or by completing Our Online Referral Form. If you have any questions about the process please call us or use our contact us page to send us a message.
What happens next?
- We assess each referral to ensure the support required falls within Home-Start’s remit
- We will visit the family to discuss their needs and tell them about Home-Start’s service
- We will then identify a suitable volunteer whose skills and experience match the needs of the family
- As soon as a suitable volunteer is available, the co-ordinator will personally introduce them to the family, accompanying them on their first visit. It may take time for a volunteer to become available and if a suitable match cannot be made then you will be informed
- We will inform you when Home-Start support begins and ends and may ask you for feedback about the impact our service had on the family
You may either download and complete our Referral Forms or fill in our Online Form and click on submit.
We will respond.
Our Online Referral Form