Home-Start North West Kent may be able to help by offering you volunteer home visiting support or you may wish to attend one of the Family Groups if you:
- live in the Dartford, Gravesham, Swanley and surrounding villages
- have one or more children under the age of 5
- are in need of a little extra help
“I was suffering from domestic abuse and had to leave home quickly with my three kids.
I didn’t trust any officials. Home-Start saved me and my volunteer supported us 100% at a time when I was desperate”
There are many reasons why you may choose Home-Start. Perhaps you are:
- feeling isolated, maybe with no family nearby and struggling to make friends
- suffering with post-natal depression and maybe finding it hard to talk to anyone about it
- having a hard time coping with your child’s illness or disability
- affected by the death of a family member
- struggling with the emotional and practical demands of twins, triplets, or multiple pre-school children
- finding it hard to cope with relationship difficulties
- feeling exhausted or depressed
- coping with your own illness or disability
A carefully selected and trained volunteer, who has parenting experience can visit you regularly for 2-3 hours a week in your own home. Our volunteers are there to offer emotional and practical support.
Our support is confidential, flexible and responsive to your needs and can include:
- being a listening ear
- adult company
- helping to play with your children
- offering reassurance
- encouraging you to investigate and access other local amenities and services
- providing motivation
- practical help
If you are a parent seeking support, please phone us on 01322 225100 or visit our Contact Page to ask for a referral form. The form is simple; you can complete it yourself but please phone or call into our office if you need help with this or ask someone else such as your GP or health visitor. The information you provide will help us ensure that the support you receive is appropriate and effective.
Once we receive your completed referral form we will contact you and arrange to visit to discuss what issues your family is having to deal with, what support is needed and how we may be able to help you. Home-Start North West Kent is an independent and confidential volunteer service – we only support you at your request.